You may have encountered an sccm error code 0x87d00324 while deploying Office 365 Pro Plus Application through Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM). However, even the application was successfully deployed in the client side,the SCCM Monitoring console shows the Deployment Failed status message. Also if the Software Center is opened in the client side, the application is marked as Past Due – will be retired
Basically, SCCM Error Code 0x87d00324 tells that the System Center was unable to verify the application persistent on the remote computer. Even though the Application was installed successfully, but SCCM’s attempt to Detect the Application was failed.
Fixing SCCM Error Code 0x87d00324 For Office 365 Deployment
As you may have guessed from the error message that if the Detection is failed, we should be looking at the Detection Methods configured for deployed Application Package. Again, detection methods could be differently configured,depending on your needs, i.e. you may want to inquire the Registry based settings or the File or Folder based presence of an application. Based on the Technet Article usually the Office 365 Client installation detection method is used with Registry values
Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\O365ProPlusRetail - en-us, which may or may not work for you.
In order to fix the SCCM Error Code 0x87d00324 For Office 365 Deployment:
- Select the properties of the application and navigate to the Detection Methods.
- Edit the Detection Method
- Modify or Edit the Existing Clause with Two New Settings.
- Add File System Detection Rule Type Folder as shown in the picture below. Make sure you configured the Remote Install Path for appropriate location under root folder i.e. x86 or x64
and File System Detection Rule Type File
- You may group all Rules as a Single group. Also make sure the clause should have an Or parameter for comparison. So if one parameter does not match the clause will check the next one. Once done Click Ok and update the Machine Policies manually or let the SCCM Client contact the SCCM Server on defined period. You will notice that after certain time period (if not synced manually), the Application status will go green in the Reporting Area.
Hope this will help you resolve the issue. Just make sure to try other Detection Options, since one can work for someone and other may not be the same for someone else.